Beijing builds a plant factory
A worker inspecting the artificial light plant workshop. (Xinhua/Zhang Xu)
The Jingpeng Plant Factory was recently put into operation and is the first large plant factory with self-owned intellectual property rights in Beijing's facility agriculture field.
The factory covers an area of 1,300 square meters and makes use of accurate environmental control technologies and advanced automation technologies to achieve factory production for the whole year and the process of seed cultivation, including vegetables and flowers.
It will improve the seedling-raising level of agricultural modernization as well as the quality and yield of crop.
By People's Daily Online, August 24, 2010, translated by Yan Meng
- Photo taken on Sept. 28, 2011 shows autumn scenery of populus euphratica forests in Ejina Banner, north China's Inner Mongolia. The populus euphratica forests here, with an area of 390,000 mu, or 26,000 hectares, is one of the world's most famous populus euphratica forests. The golden leaves and sunshines here in autumn is able to attract more than 100,000 person-times annually. (Xinhua/Zhao Tingting)
- A coser performs in the third Western China Animation Comic Game (ACG) Festival in Chongqing Municipality, Sept. 29, 2011. The festival includes activities such as cosplay show, Hip-pop competition, forum and exhibitions. (Xinhua/Li Jian)
- Staff members watch a screen showing the blast-off of the Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket loaded with Tiangong-1 unmanned space lab module at Beijing Aerospace Control Center, Sept. 29, 2011. Commander-in-chief of China's manned space program Chang Wanquan announced Thursday night that the launch of Tiangong-1 space lab module was successful. (Xinhua/Wang Shen)
- Chinese President Hu Jintao watches the launch of Tiangong-1 space lab module at Beijing Aerospace Control Center in Beijing, capital of China, Sept. 29, 2011. Other members of the Standing Committee of the Political Bureau of the Communist Party of China (CPC) Central Committee, including Wu Bangguo, Jia Qinglin, Li Changchun, Xi Jinping, Li Keqiang and Zhou Yongkang, are also present. (Xinhua/Rao Aimin)
- The graphics shows the launch procedures of the carrier rocket of Tiangong-1 space lab module, Long March-2FT1 on Sept. 29, 2011. (Xinhua/Lu Zhe)
- Image taken from Beijing Aerospace Control Center shows a Long March-2FT1 carrier rocket loaded with Tiangong-1 unmanned space lab module blasting off from the launch pad at the Jiuquan Satellite Launch Center in northwest China's Gansu Province, Sept. 29, 2011. (Xinhua)