Eight killed after iron ore mine collapses in east China
Eight killed after iron ore mine collapses in east China
10:33, June 25, 2011

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 
Eight people were killed and seven injured after an iron ore mine collapsed in east China's Fujian Province Friday afternoon, local authorities said Saturday.
The cave-in was triggered by a nearby landslide at around 1:30 p.m. Friday in Peifeng Township, Yongding County. The injured people had been sent to the hospital, but two of them were discharged as of Saturday morning, according to a statement from the county government.
The police were hunting down its three owners who had fled after the accident. The mine had been under illegal operation, the statement said.
The police were identifying the killed people. A further investigation on the cause of the accident was under way, it added.
Source: Xinhua
The cave-in was triggered by a nearby landslide at around 1:30 p.m. Friday in Peifeng Township, Yongding County. The injured people had been sent to the hospital, but two of them were discharged as of Saturday morning, according to a statement from the county government.
The police were hunting down its three owners who had fled after the accident. The mine had been under illegal operation, the statement said.
The police were identifying the killed people. A further investigation on the cause of the accident was under way, it added.
Source: Xinhua
|
||||||||||||||||||||||
(Editor:张心意)

Related Reading
More than 10 workers buried in house collapse in east China city
Building collapse kills 1, injures 7 in central China construction site
Seven injured after building under construction collapse in central China
Building under construction collapses in central China; casualties unknown
1 killed, 4 buried in construction site collapse in northeast China
Third collapse in Pompeii, gov't looks to foundation for preserving the site

Special Coverage
Major headlines
Editor's Pick


Hot Forum Discussion











