All 29 trapped miners feared dead after second explosion in New Zealand coal mine
14:24, November 24, 2010

Email | Print | Subscribe | Comments | Forum 
Police said the explosion, at 2.37 p.m. on Wednesday, was so powerful that no one could have survived it.
The blast was at least as strong as the first one, they said.
Police say there is now no chance of the miners being alive and they are going into recovery mode.
The 29 men have been missing since the first explosion last Friday.
Grey District Mayor Tony Kokshoorn, who was at the civic center when the news was broken to the miners' families, said "this is the West Coast's darkest hour".
He said the news had been "sickening", and families were devastated.
Emerging from the briefing, rescue team chief Gary Knowles said there was an extremely severe explosion this afternoon and police believed there could be no survivors.
"We are now in recovery mode," he said.
He said it was his most tragic moment as a policeman.
Source: Xinhua
(Editor:张心意)

Related Reading
Rescue efforts hampered due to risk of further explosions in New Zealand's coal mine
Blast fears delays rescue mission in New Zealand South Island's coal mine
Explosion occurs at New Zealand's West Coast coal mine, 30 miners unaccounted for
New Zealand PM believes regional trade deal could be in place next year

Tibet poised to embrace even brighter future, 60 years after peaceful liberation
Chinese official calls for more language, culture exchanges with foreign countries
Senior Chinese leader calls for efforts to develop new energy
Central gov't delegation arrives in Lhasa for Tibet Peaceful Liberation Celebrations
China Southern Airlines sends charter flight carrying peacekeepers to Liberia













