
JERUSALEM, Sept. 2 (Xinhua) -- Previous reports of tensions between the United States and Israel over how and when to deal with Iran's continued progress towards a nuclear weapon have, in the last couple of weeks, become very public and very sharp.
U.S. President Barack Obama and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu both agree that Iran can't be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons; however that's where the consensus ends.
Senior U.S. and Israeli officials have said that Israel and U.S. "clocks are ticking at a different speed," meaning the Israel likely deems it necessary to act militarily before the U.S. does. But lately the U.S. has been using both public statements and actions to get Israel to reset its watch.
One of the most vocal opponents to Israeli military action is Martin Dempsey, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, who said last week that he won't be "complicit" if Israel decides to attack Iran's nuclear infrastructure.
The remarks came just two weeks after Dempsey said that an Israeli strike might delay Iran's nuclear program but it wouldn't destroy it.
The U.S. has also taken concrete action to make its point clear: Times magazine published over the weekend that the U.S. cut the number of soldiers set to participate in next month's "Austere Challenge 12" drill from 5000 to 1500.













New giant tower branded 'pants'




