Beijing, Dec. 22 (People's Daily Online) -- China dismissed the recent reports that the attack against the U.S. Chamber of Commerce originated in China, saying the report is groundless.
The Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday that hackers in China broke through the computer defenses of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce last year and were able to access information about its operations and its 3 million members.
At a daily press briefing in Beijing yesterday, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesman Liu Weimin made the comment in response to a question regarding the U.S. report.
"The report is baseless," said Liu. "We have stated China's stance on this issue multiple times."
Liu said the Chinese governments have always opposed and strictly forbidden any illegal activities related to cyber hackings, and China wants to cooperate more with the international community to prevent hacker attacks. (Li Zhenyu)